|EDUCATION||May, 1997||McGill University||Montreal, Quebec|
|Bachelor in Computer Engineering|
|TECHNICAL BACKGROUND||Tech:||Java, Ajax (Dojo etc), Web Services/REST, Hibernate, Spring, JUnit/Selenium, AspectJ, JMS, MySQL, Oracle, PHP|
|Web/App Servers:||Apache, Tomcat, JBoss|
|Music:||MIDI, digital 4 & analog 16-track recording, orchestration, sequencing|
|WORK EXPERIENCE||April, 2008 - present||SayForExample Inc.||New York, NY|
|Director of Technology|
· Development team manager
· Software system design and implementation (Java, MySQL)
· Network/system operations and architecture
|Oct, 2004 - March, 2008||Kaplan Inc.||New York, NY|
|Technical Team Lead - Kaplan Business Systems|
· Technical lead for Kaplan Business Systems (KBS), Kaplan Inc.'s system for scheduling, CRM, management, and administration used by their 160+ centers around the world. (Java)
· Responsible for KBS software design and implementation, system health, tech team management.
· Designed, managed and launched next generation CRM system for Kaplan's call center (Web 2.0: Ajax/Dojo front end, Java/Spring/Hibernate back end).
· Member of and contributor to the Kaplan Software Architects group.
|March, 2001 - Oct, 2004||Kaplan Inc.||New York, NY|
|Senior Java Developer - Kaplan Business Systems|
· Implementation of CRM and billing system for Score!
· Implementation/design of CRM and scheduling system for Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions.
· Involved at all levels in two generations of system design and implementation (Java/JBoss/Oracle), system integration (WS/JMS), maintenance and support
|July, 1999 - March, 2001||Concrete Media Inc. (Closed)||New York, NY|
|Technical Lead / Senior Software Engineer|
· Design, implementation, and/or tech lead for five consumer facing systems including:
www.gocollect.com (ASP / COM)
|Aug, 1997 - July, 1999||American Management Systems (now CGI Group)||New York, NY|
|·Built several financial system components for the City of New York. Tasks included software design, implementation, unit and system testing.|
|Summers 1995/1996||Microsoft Corporation||Redmond, WA|
|Program Manager Intern|
|· Designed and prototyped educational and entertaining games for children and teens, including Microsoft's "Personal Tutor", and Microsoft's "Summit".|
|ADDITIONAL INFO||· Member of the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop for four years. Wrote two and a half musical theatre pieces, as well as dozens of songs.
· Co-owner of Kashkaval, a wine bar and cheese market located in Manhattan.
· Avid bike touring afficionado; have toured Greece, Ireland, Argentina, Romania, France, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Canary Islands, and many eastern US states